Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Worlds greatest paragliding pilot on left


I had mentioned that this area was famous for its paragliding so it wouldn't be a proper blog without showing you.
It starts with a long ride up a narrow mountain road to about 4000 feet above sea level, directly above the sea. I had talked with my pilot about the difference between paragliders he flys and sailplanes I fly. I asked him about thermaling in a paraglider and he said "watch". Shortly after we took off he had us twice as high, you can see one taking off in the lower left of one photo. Soon he pointed out we were at cloudbase which is the limit of rising currents. Later he landed us on a busy sidewalk in front of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment