Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Home

Yes, I made it home. The Turkish Airlines did make it to Chicago by flying a southern route to avoid the volcano cloud. It made a flight that normally takes a little over 11 hours take two hours longer. Our first plane had mechanical problems and the next one we got on had to wait two hours to take off, combined with the extra two hours flight time I missed my connection in Chicago. Also missed the next two flights to Las Vegas causing my ride home, which drove for three hours and waited for three flights from Chicago to finally give up and head home as he could get no information on where I was and I had no way to contact him. When I did get in and called home my wife was able to call him and he turned around and drove an hour back to the airport to pick me up. Made it home at 3AM, special thanks to Reese Mead for the pickup even though he had to be at the office only a few hours later. I was very lucky to get that flight because today British Airlines is asking people with flights to and from Europe next week to give them up if they can in order to get stranded passengers a seat home.

No comments:

Post a Comment