Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mystic Falls



I saw a photograph that Joseph Collier took at Mystic Falls in the 1880's. Mr Collier was a photographer in England who had photographed many important people including King Edward but decided to move his family to Colorado in 1871. He made many photographs in the San Juan Mountains which were sold as postcards back east. Mystic Falls were not on any maps or in any guide books I could find but I had the good fortune of meeting a guide who spends his summers here and he came by the other day, he was hiking to Mystic Falls and wondered if I wanted to go. Not only did we hike to the falls but took a 4wd trail that I had never been on before to several other large fall I had never heard of. The light had gotten too harsh by the time we got to the other falls but I will get back sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment