Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Dancing Aspen



It's been at least ten years but I remember photographing some Aspen with curved trunks on the west side of Ophir Pass. As I was spending the summer here I decided to to find them again as I knew about where they were. Usually we take Ophir Pass to Telluride but come back to camp by another 4wd trail or by road. These Aspen should have been on the north side of the trail near the community of Ophir but I never could find them. The other day coming back from Mystic Falls we went back over Ophir Pass, the first time this summer to go back over the pass and there they were a couple hundred feet south of the trail. The guide with me had just explained that the work to the right of the trail was some mine reclamation work. What had happened was they had moved this part of the trail to the north to allow for the mine work. The next day I went back to make these photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment