Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Where's My Telephoto Lens?


The midday is for driving and hiking around looking for places to photograph from during the early morning and evening light. So I know in the morning the steam train from Durango comes into town and it will cross a trestle over a waterfall. There is a lot of water as the streams are overfilling with melted snow so I find a ledge to check out the vantage points into the canyon. I see that if I walk almost a mile down the train tracks I can get to a sand bar between the river and the beaver ponds. The only way in and back out is to follow the tracks as there is water on both sides of the tracks but the vantage point will be great for a photo. Then I see that someone else has found the only way through canyon. This mama bear and her three cubs are using my path, and I'm here without a telephoto lens. This photo is a crop from the only lens I had with me. The question is do I really want to walk the tracks at dawn to reach the only vantage point?

No comments:

Post a Comment