Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Boards of Old Mine Building


I'm often asked by people who know I travel and photograph what kind of photography I do. It's assumed that anyone who travels must do a lot of landscapes or photographs of people. There are many amazing places in the world, such as these mountains in Colorado, where I'm always compelled to photograph some of the large landscapes. There are also many places such as Cuba or Africa where I have done a lot of people photography as there are so many great subjects, however, neither people or the grand landscape are my first interest.
The subjects that interests me most are pieces of the landscape, both the natural landscape or the work of man in the landscape. Ruins have especially interested me, where man and the natural landscape have intersected. Some of my favorite places have been in the ruins of the Yucatan, Cambodia, Cuba, and Roman Ruins from North Africa through the Middle East to Turkey. These are subjects which would normally be missed or ignored, such as these boards on an old mine building stained by water that sometimes flows from the mine, but they have seen a lot of history and have a beauty of there own.

No comments:

Post a Comment