Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zipline to Zimbabwe



Just down stream from the falls there is a bridge that goes from Zambia to Zimbabwe and in the middle of the bridge is the bungee jump. The view from the gorge and the height above the river makes it the best bungee sites I have ever seen but the operation has some flaws. Normally after a jump you would be lowered to a boat in the river but that is impossible here, instead you are slowly, very slowly, pulled back up to the bridge while hanging upside down the entire time. They also had a zipline that went across the gorge from a cliff in Zambia To the Zimbabwe side of the bridge. After hooking me to the harness they told me to just run and jump off the cliff. It was a great ride and they let me take my camera with me while a friend on the bridge got these shots.

1 comment: