Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Kids are Kids





It seems like everywhere you go in the world kids are all alike. If you have a camera you will draw a crowd of kids all wanting their picture taken. You start to photograph one and soon there are two, then five, and soon more than you can count all pressing forward to be in the front. These kids were in a village by a lake in Malawi that a guide at our camp took us to. I had taken photos of some of his relatives and a lot of the kids in the village planning on sending back photos to them. The guide was to bring me the address in the morning before we left camp but he never showed. I went looking for him but found him drunk on the beach. If I know I will be back I will bring the photos back and have taken back hundreds to Turkey, Cambodia, Cuba and the Middle East. I think many times these are the first photos some of them have ever seen of themselves. Going through these photos from Africa makes me want to go back again, then I could take photos back. Some of these areas I not sure mail will get through. I did get some photos back to the town of Tire in Turkey were there was no address just a lengthy note of how to get there from a nearby larger town. The gentleman must have never gotten any mail as he had no formal address so he wrote out a note on where to find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment