Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Big Island Platinum Workshop

The next photography and platinum printing workshop will be on the Big Island of Hawaii in April.  Since my first visit there in 1989 it has been one my favorite photo trips. From sea level to almost 14,000 ft up the mountain there is so much variety for photographers. Black sand beaches, waterfalls, Lava in all forms, an abandoned  resort, on top of the clouds on the mountain with the observatories at the summit, and a wide variety of vegetation make for great photo opportunities.

My last trip there was a year ago and from my condo you could see the glow from the Lava lake at night. The day I left the crater collapsed and they had lava flowing for weeks. Two of my favorite places to photograph were covered in lava as were roads and many houses in the area.  The flow has created a great new black sand beach. Looking forward to seeing all thats new.


Tree, Hilo

No comments:

Post a Comment