Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

We Got Prints


Last week my Epson 3880 printer came and now we have the first prints. For many years making prints meant black and white silver and platinum prints in the darkroom or Polygravures on the etching press. Now for the first time I have a printer hooked to the computer. The computer acted real surprised when I tried to install the software for a printer, in fact it went on strike. That meant I had to descend into techno-hell, the tech support line. Imagine my surprise when in a few seconds after calling I had a real human on the phone, in addition, he knew all the answers. After restarting the computer a few times and failing to get it to cooperate he talked me through a download of new software which solved the problem. While doing this he taught me everything I needed to make a print dealing with photoshop and Epson software and the needed custom profiles. A few minutes later I had my first print. Now, several prints later, I am real happy with both the 3880 printer and Epson's tech support.

No comments:

Post a Comment