Photographs

Click on any photograph to enlarge it.

Friday, July 2, 2010

House, Ironton


I have been to Ironton several times this summer but never when the light was great. Ironton has several buildings with interesting interiors which always are difficult to photograph due to the range of the light. I needed to make some HDR images but without bright sunlight in order to get outside views through the doors and windows, so when I saw some clouds forming over Red Mountain Pass I headed over. Even then some of the scenes needed 7 exposures. [to capture an image with a great range of light an HDR image uses numerous bracketed exposures on a tripod then combines them in photoshop]

This shot is one of five the bracketed exposures adjusted with highlight/shadow adjustment in photoshop. I will make a HDR image from these shots but it will be later when I'm home and have the time. For the blog, done on the road, I download the raw files from the camera and use only files I can process in a couple minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment